Scottsdale Kitchen Remodeling Trends in 2016
When it comes to kitchen remodeling in Scottsdale, one of the most popular trends so far in 2016 is the transitional kitchen theme. Aptly named, this style blends elements of both traditional and contemporary kitchens, incorporating modern elements – like stainless steel appliances – with traditional interior design.
Shaker-style cabinets are also enjoying a revitalization due to their adaptability with almost any style of kitchen, like country, traditional and contemporary. And while choosing neutrals like white, black and gray to highlight your kitchen is not necessarily a new concept, these colors are strongly playing into this year’s trends due to their versatility. Unlike showier colors that can quickly lose their appeal, these basic colors can truly stand the test of time.
Another hot kitchen trend: slide-out shelving, a strategy that is both smart and functional, and makes use of available space for necessary storage. Pots, pans and other cooking supplies can all be stored under the sink, or elsewhere, with sliding shelves that can be easily accessed.
Other Hot Kitchen Trends
- Hardwood floors are increasingly becoming an alternative to the previously favored kitchen flooring systems, like tiles and laminates, and is now available in planks six inches wide and larger. Antique wooden flooring for the kitchen is also trending significantly this year.
- Farmhouse, or apron-style, sinks are becoming more and more popular. Their size alone makes them an interesting focal point in the kitchen, and because they are now available in a wide variety of sizes and styles, they are versatile in how they can be used in almost any style of kitchen.
- We all know kitchen countertops need to be durable because they experience a lot of wear and tear. As such, quartz has become a popular choice. The stone is resistant to scratches, stains and abrasion. In addition to its durability, quartz also comes in a wide range of colors so you can easily find an option that best suits your kitchen’s color palette.
- The traditional, standard kitchen table is going to the wayside in 2016. Instead, homeowners are now choosing to utilize this space instead for breakfast bars, islands or tall tables for a more relaxed feel that is better suited to today’s modern family life.
- Open shelving is not only pleasing to the eye, it offers a more open, airier feel and is highly functional. By storing daily dishware and glassware on open shelves, you can add greater efficiency to your busy kitchen space.
- As the demand for technology continues to grow, many designers are including more high-tech features into kitchen remodeling projects. Hidden, built-in charging stations and cabinet-mounted tablet holders can keep your devices easily accessible and fully charged when you need them most.
At the end of the day, kitchen trends are ultimately about what works for your family’s day-to-day life – what is relevant to your personal preferences, your needs and the visual look you ultimately want to achieve.
At Republic West Remodeling, we are passionate Scottsdale kitchen remodelers. In fact, we thoroughly enjoy helping homeowners transform tired, outdated kitchens into fully functional, integrated spaces that the family can enjoy.
To learn more, contact us today.