Choosing a Remodeling Contractor in Phoenix
For the majority of today’s homeowners, the decision to renovate their house is not one that’s made very often.
So what does this mean? Many people don’t actually know what specific questions to ask when evaluating a Phoenix remodeling contractor’s experience and reputation.
Additionally, everyone has heard stories about “nightmare” contractors that take homeowners’ deposits, provide substandard work, or, worse, left homeowners high and dry by vanishing in the middle of an incomplete project.
The following list is to help homeowners in evaluating and selecting a professional remodeling contractor in Phoenix. If you are planning to expand your living space, want to transform the layout of your home, remodel your kitchen, bathrooms, your basement or add an outdoor living area, or add an outdoor living area, consider these factors:
- Be sure to always insist that each prospective remodeling contractor provide answers in writing. Do not share these answers with any other contractor you are considering.
- Don’t be shy. Every quality contractor should always be able to answer any questions you may have, and should always be willing to provide their answers in writing.
- Keep in mind that just because someone seems nice, or was referred to you by a friend, does not mean that they have the experience to build your specific project.
While the following questions are not necessarily a complete list of all the things you should ask, they will help you to weed out the inexperienced, unethical and inflexible contractors.
- How many home remodeling projects have you completed?
- Can I review a complete list of all of the businesses you have been an owner or partner in that has been in the home improvement arena?
- What kind of proof of insurance and bonding do you provide?
- How many relevant customer references can you provide?
- Who will be supervising my project on a daily basis?
- Can I see a bio of my project supervisor’s experience?
- How many projects like mine have you completed?
- What contingencies are included in your contract?
- How often will I receive project updates, and how often will you do a walkthrough with me during the remodeling process?
- How long is your warranty and what does it cover? Also, have you ever made repairs after a warranty expired free of charge?
Time to Make a Smart Decision
Choosing a remodeling contractor in Phoenix does not have to be difficult. Whatever your remodeling needs may be, Republic West Remodeling has the experience to complete your project on time and on budget.
We are happy to provide you with an estimate for your Phoenix remodeling project. Contact us today to schedule your free home remodeling consultation.