The House Addition Your Master Bedroom Deserves
If you are thinking about starting a master bedroom addition, it is important to realize that the space should ultimately make you feel relaxed and comfortable. It should be a place you fill with beauty, where everything from the color palette, the furniture, and the bedding reflect your style.
Your master suite addition also should be functional, offering ample storage, cozy seating, and the right amount of space to meet all of your other needs.
In 2018, many homeowners are continuing to opt for a “less is more” approach to their master bedrooms, choosing more modern and minimalist design strategies.
So, where do you start? The first step is to declutter, clean, and organize the current space. Toss items and older furniture you no longer need. Donate old clothing and shoes, sort through those stacks of papers sitting around waiting to be filed, and more. Trust us, it will feel good to purge, and your future design will benefit from it!
Remember, the goal of remodeling your room is to make the overall essence of the area soothing and calm, not cluttered and disorganized.
Popular Master Bedroom Styles in 2018
If you are thinking about a master bedroom addition, read on to learn about the latest design trends and style inspirations:
- Calming Colors. The wall and bedding colors are often the first thing people notice when they walk into a master bedroom. An easy way to upgrade from a basic space to a luxury master bedroom is to give the room a fresh coat of paint and invest in new bedding.
Color choices in 2018 have become a bit bolder for both walls and bedding. For example, brooding violet, night-sky navy and striking emerald green are all extremely popular at the moment. Current customer favorites include Sherwin-Williams’ 2018 color of the year, Oceanside, a powerful, yet soothing blue-green shade, and jewel-toned Ultra Violet, Pantone’s 2018 color of the year. If you do not feel daring enough to go for dark bed linens or walls, try adorning a lux, dark velvet throw over the top of light-colored sheets for a similar effect.
- Dazzling Lighting. From mood-enhancing lamps to dimmable overhead lights, master bedroom lighting should allow you to control the level of light to suit your needs. Today’s homeowners tend to prefer a statement light fixture or a dazzling, unique piece that brightens up a previously dull bedroom. Our design team says they are seeing people pick ornate chandeliers and oversize hanging shades, as well as whimsical artsy fixtures.
Pendants are a popular choice as they add a dramatic and decorative touch. In fact, some homeowners are opting to display pendant lamps in clusters because they can add a playful, whimsical ambience to any space.
- Low Upholstered Headboards. If you select the right headboard for your master suite addition, you can create a gorgeous focal point that can give your new bedroom just the visual pop it needs. One trend that has been taking shape is incorporating low profile, elegantly upholstered headboards. This look can work particularly well when the headboard is made from high-quality wood, and the grain contrasts with the upholstery to give it a sophisticated look.
- Natural Materials. More than ever, homeowners are including environmentally-friendly elements into their room addition bedroom designs. From renewable materials to energy-efficient technologies, the desire to incorporate the green trend into bedroom design is not going away anytime soon.
If you are striving for an eco-friendly master bedroom addition, there are plenty of options, such as furniture crafted from stunning reclaimed woods, natural, textured fabrics like organic cotton, and tranquil low wattage LED lights to make your bedroom look and feel more comfortable.
- Warm, Rich Metals. The latest preference for metal hardware has shifted to warm metals in the bedroom, as well as in room addition projects throughout the home. Vibrant shades of gold, rose gold, and copper are especially popular. Some homeowners also combine metals and scatter elements such as ceiling fixtures or lamps, dresser pulls, picture frames, and curtain rods.
Create a Place of Beauty You Can Call Your Own
Republic West Remodeling’s expert design team understands the importance of having a master bedroom that genuinely feels like an escape, that is luxurious, functional, and comfortable.
If you are ready to take the next step, reach out to our team of professionals today to discuss the possibilities for your master bedroom remodel.
Similar to other types of house additions, every bedroom addition project begins from the ground up because we know that detailed, thoughtful planning leads to extraordinary results. It is important to strategically plan any luxurious master bedroom remodeling project, especially before construction starts. We always consider this aspect as we genuinely want our clients to be satisfied and excited about our collaborative work.