Creating Seamless Outdoor/Indoor Transitions
Are you looking to transform your backyard patio into an extended living room? One way many homeowners are achieving this type of seamless look is by relying on creatively-designed windows and doors to help blur the line between their home’s indoor and outdoor living areas.
Thanks to a wide range of patio door and glass wall systems, today’s homeowners have a variety of choices.
Here are few of the most popular options that can help you achieve a seamless transition:
- Sliding Patio Doors. These doors are a great option when you want to accommodate rooms with pre-existing, tight-fitting door openings and a limited floor plan space. For example, balconies and sunrooms tend to fall under this category.
- In-Swing/Out-Swing Patio Doors. For homeowners who want to enhance the amount of light, space and beauty in their extended living area in-swing/out-swing patio doors are a good option. To figure out if your space can accommodate this type of patio door, first, assess the amount of space available on the interior and exterior side or the door opening to figure out the best operating style. In-swing doors are the most common and the hinges are located on the inside of the home, not visible to the outside.
- Pocket Glass Walls. This style of glass wall can literally transform an interior room into an open-air retreat. When fully open, the glass panels slide into the wall pocket and completely disappear from view. And when closed, the large panels frame the scenic views of a home.
- Stacking Glass Walls. These glass walls open up by sliding large glass panels on top of each other, flooding the room with tons of natural light and lots of fresh air. When the glass doors are open, the patio becomes an extension of the living room space.
- Bi-Fold Glass Walls. Bi-fold glass walls operate with each panel folding on top of the adjacent panel to open. Designed to smoothly stack and fold against side walls, bi-fold glass walls create huge openings from corner to corner.
When it comes to outdoor living spaces in Phoenix, we believe the possibilities are nearly endless. Only your imagination, property lines and budget limit your options. The Republic West Remodeling team has the creativity and experience that allows us to come up with an amazing design that can work for you, no matter what your budget or space parameters. Call today to schedule your free consultation.