Scottsdale Bathroom Remodeling: How to Add Value with a Bathroom Remodel
Whether you’re planning to move or stay put, Scottsdale bathroom remodeling can add value to your home and provide many benefits. It’s never a bad time to build equity in your home. Why wait until the market turns around? You can start now and get to enjoy a remodeled bathroom each and every day until you decide to move.
Scottsdale bathroom remodeling is one of the best ways to increase your home’s value. When the market rebounds and your home value increases even more, you’ll get a great return on your investment. Both kitchen and bath remodeling projects are wonderful ways to invest in the future!
Countless industry resources identify kitchen and bath remodels as the top priority for prospective home buyers. It makes sense. Why buy a new home with an ugly or dated bathroom that will require a significant investment? Often, the state of an existing kitchen and bath can make or break a real estate sale.
Whether you’re selling or not, always approach a Scottsdale bathroom remodeling through the eyes of a potential buyer. Think about what someone else would want to see if they were to live in your home. This step will help you make good financial choices in addition to quality of life preferences.
Considerations in your Scottsdale Bathroom Remodeling
With the critical eye of a potential buyer, look at the following things to determine what needs to be fixed, updated or completely overhauled:
- Evaluate your bathroom layout. Are users cramped and in need of more space? Can you enter and exit easily? Can you bath or shower efficiently?
- Look at your fixtures. Are your fixtures dated or in need of repair? Often, changing your plumbing fixtures makes a dramatic improvement in the overall look of your bathroom.
- Consider your current storage. Do you have enough room to store everything a fully-functional bathroom would need? Can users easily retrieve towels and toiletries? Can you hide toiletries from view? Storage is a feature lacking most often in bathrooms and one of great value in Scottsdale bathroom remodeling.
- Assess your lighting. Compare your natural to artificial lighting features. Can you add impact by increasing window size or incorporating new windows? Would updated lighting fixtures improve the overall look and function of your bathroom? Could energy efficient lighting save you money?
- View your countertops. Are your countertops showing signs of distress? Has wear and tear made them unsightly? If you replaced your current countertops with granite or marble, you’ll get a beautiful alternative that’s extremely durable as well. This one change can dramatically affect the appearance of your overall bathroom.
Why Now is a Good Time for Scottsdale Bathroom Remodeling
Yes, home values and equity is down for many homeowners. But, the current economy also provides opportunities for homeowners with some equity. Home equity loans are at their lowest interest levels in years and can provide a very cost-effective source of funds for your Scottsdale bathroom remodeling. In addition, home equity loans are tax deductible for most homeowners.
Bathroom remodeling can improve your overall lifestyle. Homeowners today spend more time in their homes than ever before. And, many are increasingly entertaining friends and business associates. A beautiful and functional bathroom will add to your home’s appeal.
Contact Republic West Remodeling about how we can remodel your bathroom, or continue reading our blog for additional information.