Time to Catch Some Zzzzzs
So you’ve decided that it’s finally time to remodel your master bedroom. There are lots of decisions to make about what kind of space you want to create, as well as the scale of the changes needed to get there.
Master bedroom remodeling can include simple changes, from wall and floor coverings, to large scale structural changes that will completely transform the functional use of the space.
Perhaps you aren’t necessarily looking to knock down walls and build out closets, yet you do want to change up your master bedroom to improve its overall function.
Master bedroom remodeling for function can be just as impactful as remodeling for structure.
Start the process by developing a list of the ways you want the space to function once your remodel project is complete. Write down what you like and don’t like about the way it is now, and make a wish list that highlights how you plan to use the space upon completion.
Here are some factors to take into consideration:
- Do you need more storage?
- If you watch TV in the master bedroom, do you have an area that is comfortable to relax in?
- Do you have the furniture you need to best store your clothes and other personal belongings?
- Is there a sitting/reading area?
- Do you want a dedicated space for your morning routine?
Did you know that by modifying the way a room looks, you can entirely change the way it feels? For instance, if you are looking to create a new space, but have a small budget to finance the remodel, consider sprucing up the room with new flooring, paint colors, window treatments and accessories.
Here are some tips to help you create a theme for a peaceful master bedroom retreat and restful sleep environment:
- Think outside of the box when it comes to your headboard. Test our different fabrics, materials and even storage options, creating a headboard that could be a focal point in the room.
- Reduce clutter on surfaces to promote relaxation.
- Surround yourself with eye-pleasing artwork that says something personal about who you are.
- Accent the bedroom with pillows and throws that add a punch of vibrant color to the space.
Obviously, a structural remodel of your master bedroom is the most involved option, but also provides the most opportunity for you to create the specific space you want. It’s also the kind of remodel that will likely generate the biggest return on investment.
Our team of professionals at Republic West Remodeling has developed, through years of experience and a passion for excellence, an exclusive home remodeling process that strives to deliver a pleasant experience and a successful outcome for our customers. As leading home contractors in Arizona, we provide master bedroom remodeling in Scottsdale and surrounding areas. Contact us today for a free consultation.