Five Fireplace Facelift Tips
Is your fireplace in need of a facelift? From classic and contemporary, antique and eclectic, there are endless possibilities and styles when it comes to fireplace designs today.
Whether you’re remodeling your entire living room to complete your Arizona dream home, or simply looking for a fireplace facelift, here are five ways you can make a statement:
- When selecting stone or tile for the fireplace, consider how texture plays a role. For example, rough-textured rock, large fieldstones, or wavy or patterned tiles tend to draw the eye in. On the other hand, smooth rocks and tiles can convey more of a modern, clean feel.
- Whether you’re remodeling the fireplace at your desert retreat, or simply looking to add an earthy vibe to your home’s main living area, wood and stone can help bring the outdoors inside. Consider the elements of nature inside with materials like tumbled stone, limestone, rough-sawn lumber or reclaimed wood.
- Playing with color isn’t just for your walls anymore. Think about how color plays a role in your fireplace design, too. Choose a bright pop of color versus the more traditional ones for your hearth, firebox, mantel or surround. Then, use that color in a few key accessorizes to tie everything together.
- Don’t let empty walls flanking your fireplace go to waste. In fact, the walls surrounding a fireplace can be given a purpose as storage space, especially in small living areas. Brand new, built-in bookshelves can provide opportunities to display decorative items and collectibles. And cabinets installed below these shelves can offer hideaway space for personal items you may not want to showcase.
- Finally, if your fireplace is less than inspiring right now, make it pop by surrounding it with an accent wall of tile or stone. This method can help your fireplace become a focal point in your living room, instead of a feature that’s noticed last.
Republic West Remodeling is a top Arizona dream home remodeling company, offering a wide range of home improvement and remodeling services. Call us at 480-481-9595 for your free consultation, or stop by our showroom today.